Saturday 21 August 2010

Proud member of the Guild of Craft Soap & Toiletry Makers

Sorry it's been a little quiet around here lately.  I have been busy building a website, making new soaps and experimenting with foaming bath butters.

Because I have decided to take my business up to the next level by making a website, I thought it would be a good idea to apply for membership with The Guild of Craft Soap and Toiletry Makers, a UK based, non-profit organisation who have two very specific aims:

'(1) to raise awareness of the legislative standards that are in place that apply to craft soap and toiletry makers

(2) To register as members of the Guild crafters who work in compliance with this legislation and who hold relevant public liability insurance

It is not generally known that in order to legally sell a crafted soap or toiletry product to the public that it must meet legislative guidelines. The reason for this is public safety.'

In order to become a member, you have to provide written evidence of your safety assessments and insurance details to prove that you are producing cosmetic products in a legal manner.

I feel that it's important to take my craft as seriously as possible (which I do!)  and I'm proud of making and selling my products the correct and legal way.  So I'm very happy to now be a member of the GCTM.

You can view my profile on the GCTM's site via this link.






 

No comments:

Post a Comment