Thursday 27 May 2010

Refreshing Oatmeal face scrub for oily skin recipe


Here's a recipe for a home-made face scrub designed for oily and acne prone skin. I've been using it for several days now and I'm really impressed with the results! It leaves my skin smooth, soft, clean and it removes grease without making my face feel dry.

Ingredients:

2 tbsp Oatmeal
1tbsp Fuller's Earth
2-3 tbsp Honey
2 drops Grapefruit essential oil
3 drops May Chang essential oil

Grind up the oatmeal in a pestle and mortar, add the rest of the ingredients and mix together to make a paste. That's it!
I've put mine in a little screw lid pot and I've used it 3 times now, and still have enough left for a few more applications.

Here's why I chose these ingredients:



OATMEAL: To act as a gentle exfolient and because of it's hypoallergenic properties.




FULLER'S EARTH: Deep cleansing and has been used for centuries to remove impurities and oil from the skin.




HONEY: To help 'hold' the mixture together but also because it's a natural humectant (it attracts and retains water) which benefits the skin by keeping it moisturised.




GRAPEFRUIT ESSENTIAL OIL: For it's effectiveness against oily and acne prone skin and it's uplifting, refreshing scent. Don't use too much as it may irratate sensitive skin.




MAY CHANG ESSENTIAL OIL: Again, for it's effectivness for oily and acne prone skin, plus I love it's sweet lemony fragrance!

As I mentioned earlier, I have tailormade this recipe to suit my oily skin, but you could easily tweak it to suit your skin type by changing the essential oils.

For example:

DRY:
Chamomile (Roman or German)
Neroli
Rose
Sandalwood

NORMAL:
Geranium
Lavender
Rosemary

SENSITIVE:
Chamomile (Roman or German)
Jasmine
Neroli

MATURE:
Clary Sage
Frankincense
Patchouli
Ylang Ylang







- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

1 comment:

  1. This sounds like a really cool recipe - I have really oily skin, too, and it gets even oilier during the hot months. Thanks for sharing this! :)

    ReplyDelete