Thursday 8 July 2010

Folksy Friday - ~*Donkeys*~



My apologies for not doing a Folksy Friday last week, but I was away on a short break with the hubs and my daughter in sunny Devon.  It was a really nice trip and we visited a place called The Donkey Sanctuary.  It's such a wonderful place and a lovely day out.  It is literally a sanctuary for rescued donkeys and they rely completely on donations to keep running.  Apart from rescuing donkeys, they also work closely with children with special needs and have their own day centre at the sanctuary where the children have a play area and can visit the donkeys.  

Here are some pictures of the lovely donkeys!





Aren't they awesome?!

Anyway, I was so impressed by these modest creatures that I decided to find the best donkey inspired items on Folksy for my Folksy Friday this week.  This is was I found...


This beautiful watercolour painting can be bought from eastwitching 

This lovely mouse mat can be found in Clever Ferret


...and finally this adorable donkey cross-stitch picture can be found in Sew Lovely

2 comments:

  1. Great donkey pictures and folksy finds
    Gemxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, the donkeys at the Sanctuary are so cute! So glad everyone had a good trip. Great Folksy donkey finds! The mouse mat makes me smile :)

    ReplyDelete